Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECIs, scientists having completed their PhD in the last 8 years) from Participating “Inclusiveness Target Countries” to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the ARBRE-MOBIEU COST Action.
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and Early Career Investigators with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) participating to ARBRE-MOBIEU.
These counties presently are: Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral/poster presentation at the approved conference must be on a topic related to ARBRE-MOBIEU and must acknowledge COST.
- Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered. The conference should take place before May 1st 2019 to be considered in this call.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF APPLICANTS
Applicants should send a completed application form using the attached template to the Action Chair and Vice-Chair.
Applications must be received at least 1 month prior to the start of the event.
Evaluation of Conference Grant applications will be performed by the ARBRE-MOBIEU ITC conference grant committee and the results will be communicated by the Action Chair.
The principal criterium of selection will be the relevance of the conference and the oral/poster presentation abstract with the topics and objectives of ARBRE-MOBIEU (see Memorandum of Understanding)
CONFERENCE GRANTS – FINANCIAL
Up to a maximum of EUR 2000 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant (3 to 5 applications will be approved this year).
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application.
Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. They are a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses (taking into account what is included in the conference registration fee).
Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted scientific report being approved by them.
Banner photo by Paul Bergmeir