Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECIs, scientists having completed their PhD in the last 8 years) from participating “Inclusiveness Target Countries” to attend international science and technology related conferences in the field of molecular-scale biophysics, but not organised by the ARBRE-MOBIEU COST Action.
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and Early Career Investigators with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) participating to ARBRE-MOBIEU.
These counties presently are: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference and must be listed in the official event programme. The main subject of the oral/poster presentation at the approved conference must be on a topic related to ARBRE-MOBIEU and must acknowledge COST.
- Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered. The conference should take place before April 5th 2020 to be considered in this call. This year, ITC conference grants will be preferentially targeted to conferences advertised in the ARBRE-MOBIEU website and Newsletters.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF APPLICANTS
Applications must be received at least 2 months prior to the start of the event.
Evaluation of Conference Grant applications will be performed by the ARBRE-MOBIEU ITC conference grant committee and the results will be communicated by the Action Chair.
The principal criterium of selection will be the relevance of the conference and the oral/poster presentation abstract with the topics and objectives of ARBRE-MOBIEU (see Memorandum of Understanding)
CONFERENCE GRANTS – FINANCIAL SUPPORT
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application.
Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. They are a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses (taking into account what is included in the conference registration fee).
The maximum amount of bursaries for each pre-selected conference will be advertised in the ARBRE-MOBIEU Newsletters.
Payment of the Grant is subject to the submitted scientific report being approved by them.
Banner photo by Paul Bergmeir