A call for hosting from May 2018 until April 2019 hands-on courses on molecular-scale biophysics is out. All the details, including a downloadable application form and criteria for eligibility and selection can be found below. The call closes on the 30th of November, 2017.
You can also use the form to send us your expression of intent for training schools for the period of May 2019 until April 2020.
Aims and scopes
Training Schools are meant to provide intensive hands-on training in emerging research topics within the laboratories and organisations involved in the Action.
The COST Grant can only be used to support approved activities necessary for and dedicated to achieving the Action’s objectives.
For COST rules on support of training schools and local organizer support please check the Vademecum.
ARBRE-MOBIEU will allocate up to 20000 euros to support training schools during the 3rd budget year (ending April 30th 2019).
Please mind that co-funding (via sponsoring, institutions, fees, etc) is encouraged and will be evaluated in the selection process. We draw your attention to the fact that the the 8th INSTRUCT training call is now open, deadline for application 10th November 2017 (https://www.structuralbiology.eu/submit-call/8th-instruct-training-call)
Please also mind that one of the objectives of ARBRE-MOBIEU is to strengthen the interplay with instrumentation manufactures so please consider including them as partners in the training school project. Please feel free to contact WG6 (https://arbre-mobieu.eu/working-groups/) if you need input towards the inclusion of industry partners.
Criteria for eligibility and selection
- The school’s topic(s) should be presented in the context of the list of the priorities surveyed by WG3 (if not the proposer should explain why the proposed topic should be prioritized). “Needs and priorities in training survey” can be found HERE
- The main proposer has to be a member of the ARBRE-MOBIEU network.
- The proposer needs to demonstrate that the chosen venue has adequate and up-to-date facilities/infrastructures to host the school and support trainee learning.
- The proposer has to provide clear teaching objectives; learning outcomes, and trainee selection criteria.
- The proposer should indicate if similar or partially overlapping practical schools are occurring in the same year (or have occurred in the recent past) and explain why the proposed practical school is different and what is its added value.
- The proposer needs to provide a list of trainers/tutors and a tentative budget (that should indicate all co-funding sources e.g. fees, sponsorship…).
- Trainers have to be from the ARBRE-MOBIEU community, apart from a maximum of 4 external experts/invited speakers.
- The maximal number of trainees should not exceed 24.
- The ratio trainees/trainer should not exceed 4:1.
- The dates cannot overlap with the ARBRE-MOBIEU annual plenary meeting (at least 3 weeks distance before and after), unless it is proposed as a satellite.
- The duration of the practical school should be between 3 days and 2 weeks.
The proposals for the Action 3rd year (May 2018-April 2019) will be evaluated by the following committee prior to be subjected to the MC approval.
Adriana E. Miele (I)
Irene Diaz-Moreno (E)
Patrick England (F)
Thomas Jovitt (GB)
Sophie Lecomte (F)
Milica Popovic (RS)
Isabel Alves (F)
The call closes on the 30th of November, 2017.
The results of the evaluation are expected to be out within 2 weeks after the call closes.
If you want to apply CLICK HERE