The Francis Crick Institute – Senior Laboratory Research Scientist, Protein Expression, Purification and Characterization
The Francis Crick Institute seeks to recruit a protein scientist to support institute-wide projects relating to generation and application of recombinant proteins.
This is a full-time, 4-year, fixed-term position on Crick Terms and Conditions of Employment.
For the details please check pdf document.
Open position for Scientific Director of Biophysics Research Center, Scientific Park, Biscay
Biophysics Research Center is a science institute in frontier research and translational excellence at a molecular and cell level in the field of biophysics and their application in the areas of biotechnology and health. The Centre aims at serving as a channel for bringing the interest of basic research in biophysics closer to the productive and service sectors of our society.
Biophysics Research Center is part of the network of Basque excellence Research Centers BERCs funded by the Basque Government, in alliance with the Biofisika Institute of CSIC and the University of the Basque Country.
Once the Center has successfully moved to a brand new research building with state of the art facilities at the Scientific Campus of the University of the Basque Country near Bilbao, the Biophysics Research Center is now looking for a new Scientific Director that will lead the future development of the Center. The new Scientific Director should prove excellent scientific quality paired with human resources leadership that will lead the consolidation of the center for the future years. Applicants should have a strong scientific background in any of the areas of expertise of the Center.
The Scientific Director should be a person with a proven research track record in the area of biophysics and at least 15 years research experience after the completion of the PhD. She/He should also have experience in managing a research institution and have international reputation in the field. The candidates may also demonstrate a record of invited presentations in well-established international conferences, granted projects, awards, prizes etc.
The position will carry competitive salary and excellent conditions of work. The envisaged starting date of the position will be early 2018 (or at the earliest convenience of the appointed candidate).
Only researchers with a solid research track, senior level and international research experience will be considered.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Board and to the Scientific Advisory Committee (ISAC) of the research center, the Scientific Director as leader of the research center will:
• Implement the strategy for the 2018 – 2021 period.
• Define the long term research strategy and research lines of the center.
• Propose and deploy the annual scientific plan of the center.
• Set and be responsible for the accomplishment of the overall objectives of the center.
• Obtain national and international research funding.
• Identify and attract the necessary research personnel at senior and junior level, with a special commitment to coaching, mentoring and development of Research Line leaders.
• Develop the international research connections of the center.
• Be capable and skilled at media relations and public speaking with both scientific and lay audiences.
Recognised scientific excellence in the field of biophysics:
• The Scientific Director should be a person with a proven track record in the area of biophysics and at least 15 years research experience after the completion of the PhD.
• Leadership in human resources in science – at least 5 years track record in managing science and research teams on various levels and skills and experience in supporting and nurturing new scientists.
• Demonstrated experience and a long-term successful track record in obtaining research funding and managing and directing scientific research programmes, including a commitment to scientific excellence and accompanying energy, enthusiasm, and innovative thinking necessary to facilitate and foster research efforts at the forefront of science.
• Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and self-motivation along with an ambition to develop the research center to a world-class standard.
• Proven capacity to take decisions, both at strategic and operational level.
• Language: English proficiency
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, including a brief description of research and leadership experience and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Opening date: September 18th, 2017.
• Closing date: October 16th, 2017 (17:00 PM, CET).
1. Collection of CVs until the end of the call.
2. Pre-screening of candidates by Selection Committee.
3. Interviews of preselected candidates by Selection Committee in Bilbao.
4. Final appointment: decision by the Board.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Appointment to start in early 2018 or at the earliest convenience of the selected candidate.
Dear Friends & Collaborators,
I thought I would also reach out to you in the process of filling a postdoc position in my lab in Finland. The project deals with structures of myelin membrane proteins, as well as the formation of multilayered proteolipid membrane structures at the molecular level. While the suitable background by default is related to biophysics/structural biology, good candidates with other backgrounds, possibly ranging from computational biophysics to molecular cell biology and everything in between, will be considered. The project can be fitted accordingly, as funding exists for two postdocs and I am only advertising for one at this point.
For more details about the position and the environment, please see the full advert:
Applications must be submitted through the online system, and applications sent by email will NOT be considered.
Department of Biomedicine
University of Bergen, Norway
Group Leader, Adjunct Professor
Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
University of Oulu, Finland
PhD position available on integrative structural biology of the auditory system in Paris
A Marie Skłodowska-Curie funded PhD position is available in the NMR group at the Pasteur Institute of Paris. The project focuses on the role of multi-domain scaffolding proteins in the auditory transduction machinery. Our integrative structural biology approach based on NMR, SAXS and crystallography is developed in close collaboration with biologists from the Neurosciences department (Pr Christine Petit). We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in protein biochemistry and biophysics, ideally with some experience in structural determination (NMR and/or X-rays diffractions).
This PhD fellowship is part of the EU-funded project, PDZnet, which is an ambitious interdisciplinary and innovative European Training Network (ETN) under the Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (please visit www.pdznet.eu) comprising 11 academic research groups and 3 industrial partners across 6 European countries.
Find a more detailed description of the position at :