The NOVABiophysica international conference which aims to connect the dots between Radiobiology, Biochemistry, Physics and Biomedical Engineering will be held at NOVA University of Lisbon’s Rectorate Building in Lisbon, Portugal between the 4th and 6th of September, 2019. Please note that the Early-Bird Registration Fee was extended permanently, so guarantee your place for only 50 € for MSc and PhD Students (or equivalent) and 150 € for Regular Attendees.
The Scientific Programme of the event will focus on such topics as Radiotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, Nanomedicine and Biomedical Engineering, Health Effects of Ionizing Radiation or Molecular Biophysics as tools for (Bio)Molecule Characterization.
Among other multidisciplinary Speakers (full List here), we are honoured to count with the presence of:
- Dr. Douglas Laurents – Characterization of Intrinsically Disordered Proteins Using NMR Spectroscopy as a Via Towards Drug Development – CSIC Madrid, Spain
- Dr. Paula da Fonseca – Cryo-EM and its potential or the characterization of biomolecules – MRC Cambridge, UK
- Dr. Søren Hoffmann – Brighter illumination of your chiral samples: Synchrotron Radiation Circular Dichroism – Aarhus University, Denmark
- Dr. Christian Betzel – Latest Methods of Dynamic Laser Light Scattering and Applications in Life Sciences – University of Hamburg, Germany
- Dr. David Norman – Pulsed EPR techniques for the investigation of biological structure – Dundee University, UK
- Dr. Kevin Prise – Understanding proton therapy at the Physics/Biology interface – Queen’s University of Belfast, UK
One of the sessions of the event (Connecting Biophysics) will comprise flash talks selected from the abstract submission. As such, we strongly encourage you to attend NOVABiophysica and present your latest scientific research! Registration and abstract submission can be made here until July 15th.
For any questions feel free to contact us at: